[Rhodes22-list] relocating the topping lift - any experience out there?

Rob Lowe rlowe at vt.edu
Fri Mar 7 12:02:22 EST 2008

Mary Lou,
I dug through some old emails as I recall we did discuss this at one time.
Do you have a masthead bail?  I think it was Mike that listed this site:
http://www.lefiell.com/masthead_assemb.html
We actually use one of the sheaves for the topping lift and have a block
hanging from a forward facing bail that we use for the jib halyard.  Would
an aft facing bail with block suffice for the topping lift?
Alternately, they sell a four sheave masthead, anyone replace the two sheave
masthead with a four sheave masthead?

Rob Lowe
1976 Rhodes
S/V Getaway