[Rhodes22-list] TINSTAAFL

Robert Skinner Robert at SquirrelHaven.com
Wed Oct 1 20:37:27 EDT 2008

I must admit that I will not be satisfied with any
solution that does not severely penalize those who
sat on top of this pile of paper with their golden
parachutes.  The very existence of the parachutes
is evidence that they had no confidence that the
market would survive their mismanagement.

And I know that I have a lot of company in that
sentiment.

Those of us who believe in good pay for good work
are bent beyond tolerance by the obvious disregard
for merit in determining executive pay at the top.
A double standard if I ever saw one, the antithesis
of the classless society we flaunt to the rest of
the world.

I smell revolution - bloodless, I hope, but
nevertheless with sharp teeth and a great hunger
for revenge.

As the French once said, heads will roll.  And
the first will be those of the legislators who do
not enact appropriate penalties and limitations
during the process of rebuilding our financial
structure.

There should be no free ride for either the
lenders who made ill-advised loans, or the fools
who took the money and mis-spent it.

/Robert