[Rhodes22-list] Extension bar use

Alan Robertson bigal_61 at msn.com
Fri Oct 3 12:41:06 EDT 2008

WHAT TODD SUGGESTS WORKED FOR US FOR YEARS, AS THE WATER LEVEL AT OUR LAKE LAUNCHING RAMP VARIED AS THE SEASON PROGRESSED. INSTEAD OF A BOLT TO FIT THE DRILLED HOLES FORWARD OF THE REARMOST STOP BOLT, WE USED A THREADLESS PIN WITH A 90 DEGREE BEND AT THE END, LIKE A HANDLE, AND A SMALL HOLE I DRILLED AT THE INSERTING END WHICH WOULD TAKE A SPRING LOADED COTTER PIN TYPE CLIP. THIS MADE IT MUCH EASIER TO CHANGE FORWARD HOLES' SETTINGS  AS WE HAD TO EXTEND OR RETRACT THE TRAILER EXTENSION.
Bigal  - Thor IV Lake George NY