[Rhodes22-list] Warning - Brad's download takes 17 minutes - Political - very controversial

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 22:57:48 EDT 2008

Herb,

That's a good story about the collective bargaining process - there
has to be good faith bargaining.  PATCO (air traffic controllers) sure
enough had the collective part down but refused to bargain and got
fired by a former union President (Reagan).  Some companies and unions
do a good job in the airline industry of working together, Southwest
Airlines for example, and others (both sides) have hard bargained
their way into bankruptcy.  There has to be a balance.  As far as I
know, all the auto plants located in the Sunbelt are still UAW, but
unlike in the Peoples Republic of Michigan, they don't hold a gun to
their employer's head.

This idea by The One is bad for employees, bad for companies, bad for
the nation.

Brad