[Rhodes22-list] Nautical term 'surfing'

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Oct 8 17:51:55 EDT 2008

Andrew,

Funny thing, surfing.  It would appear that it was invented by those who
were involved in the Internet.  I guess they never heard the Beach Boys and
their music.  Ah, it must be another Al Gore invention!

Next please explain how boats "plane" (although sails are actually very
similar to wings) while and aircraft "sail".  While you are at it, don't
forget about Mr. Bernoulli.

I vote "yes", don't care, and the points don't count anyway (according to
Drew Carey)!!

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY