[Rhodes22-list] POLITICAL - Peter and Robert

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Oct 9 06:40:46 EDT 2008

Peter and Robert:

Ayers comments published on September 11, 2001, Ayers had this to say about
his bombing past, "I don't regret setting bombs; I feel we didn't do
enough."

Obama keeps saying what Ayers did 40 years ago or 20 years ago is not
important.

I would have fewer problems with Obama's association if in fact Ayers was
repentant and repudiated his actions when he was in his 20's.  Some people
do make mistakes and grow up.  However, Obama associates with an unrepentant
terrorist, Bill Ayers.

The above were reported public comments made just seven years ago.  Just
after a terrorist attack on USA.

Obama said he would sit down with foreign terrorist groups to resolve
grievances.  He would sit down with Akmenijad.  Obviously he would sit down
with them because he still sits down with an American Terrorist, his fellow
board member, Bill Ayers.  He does not see any problem with terrorists.

The issue here is Ayers is an unrepentant and unchanged American terrorist.
How can you justify supporting evil?

Evil or the difference between good and bad is not defined by individual
choice.  Moral clarity is not necessarily a religious issue.  “A lack of
moral clarity is why people living in free societies can come to see their
fellow citizens as their enemies and foreign dictators as their friends.”
Natan Sharansky

Evil or the difference between good and bad is not necessarily a religious
topic.  Different societies have by various paths come to similar
definitions of good and evil.  By acceptable definitions, unrepentant evil
is bad.  Freely associating with a person who by most standards is evil is
wrong.  Supporting an evil person, for whatever reasons, is assisting in a
conspiracy of evil.

Bad or evil can be differentiated into degrees of badness.  Not all bad or
evil is of the same level of wrong.  A thief is bad.  A murderer is more
bad.  An unrepentant terrorist is most bad.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
[no addendum for Andrew]