[Rhodes22-list] POLITICAL - analysis Eds post

Jb j.bulfer at jbtek.com
Fri Oct 10 08:06:35 EDT 2008

McCain had also carried a little water for Keating in Washington. While in
the House, McCain, along with a majority of representatives, co-sponsored a
resolution to delay new regulations designed to curb risky investments by
thrifts like Lincoln.

If McCains wife didn't have major investments in Keatings company this might
be on the up& up but she did. That's not helping a constituent in a proper
fashion.

Ed, do you really think after someone says there going to squeal, that they
wouldn't back off?      He's not stupid.

> ''The appearance of it was wrong,'' McCain said recently. ''It's a wrong
> appearance when a group of senators appear in a meeting with a group of
> regulators, because it conveys the impression of undue and improper
> influence. And it was the wrong thing to do.''  John McCain

If he knew it was the wrong thing to do, why did he do it....the 2nd time?
Why were 3 anymore guilty than 5. They all "backed off" once they heard the
term criminal.

Conclusion:
John McCain was in it up to his neck.

Jb