[Rhodes22-list] POLITICAL - Jay B.s post

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri Oct 10 17:00:25 EDT 2008

Herb,

You either need to put on your reading specs or get a bigger monitor.  The
first site is touting:

        "Sarah Palin - Real Mom making Real Decisions"

As far as the "NOBAMA ..." goes, I tend to think that it is in bad taste,
but I hesitate to place restrictions on "freedom of speech" - I think that
is called censure.  Who are the people that "let 'freedom of speech' go too
far?"

Why couldn't you purchase from a company that permits people to display bad
taste?  I would think that there are very few companies that you can
purchase from in the world today, if this is your yardstick for doing
business.  Can you purchase from Wal-Mart?  They will place most anything
that sells on their shelves.

What would happen if your employer had made such a remark?  Would you resign
your position?  If your family member purchased such a bumper sticker?  I
understand that neither you nor I would not display such a sticker, but I
think that your ultimate position is extreme.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: "Herb Parsons" <hparsons at parsonsys.com>Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008