[Rhodes22-list] a dinghy question

Joe Babb joe.babb at comcast.net
Sun Oct 12 16:50:00 EDT 2008

Have any of you ever towed a hard dinghy behind a Rhodes?  I've been
thinking about a Walker Bay 8 foot dinghy for when we
go on week long cruises either on the Florida or North Carolina coasts.
I've played around with an inflatable Coleman 3 person dinghy on Douglas
Lake and it seems like it would be difficult to carry two people in it
without getting wet or turning over.
But I'm not sure exactly how much I would use a dinghy on a week long
trip either.  We didn't feel the need for one on Albemarle Sound last
spring, but I keep thinking we will inevitably run into a situation
where it's best to anchor out and dinghy in.  Just not sure it's worth
towing a dinghy for several days on the odd chance of needing it once.
We're planning a trip to the Big Bend area of Florida and also a trip to
Ocracoke next spring.  Still need to find a good jumping off place for
the cruise to Ocracoke.
Any thoughts on the subject besides Ed telling me to search the archives
will be appreciated.
Best,
Joe