[Rhodes22-list] "de-core" CDI Flex Furler

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 09:19:49 EDT 2008

Ed, It (de-core) is suggested by many including CDI because it works. The
splice suggestion would be the most expensive option as it requires all new
rope plus the cost of the splice.  There might be some shipping costs as
well.

 Additionally splicing together  2 lengths of different size braided line is
tricky and gets harder as you go down in line size.The rated breaking
strength on splices is often not achieved on small line even by the pros.
This may be why your link does not provide pricing on any sizes less than
1/4. He may offer this option under custom pricing. His prices are very
fair.but you do need to send him new rope or purchase new rope from him.

Slim could give de-core and try for free. There really shouldn't be much
load on this line if the furler is installed properly.

I do all my own splicing and I hate splicing small twisted braid!!! If it
were me and I liked the line I had I would give de-core a try. Now if you
were interested in buying new line the splice might be a good option.

Fair Winds,

Wally