[Rhodes22-list] Political - McCain, Me First

Benjamin Cittadino bigben65 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 13 20:53:39 EDT 2008

Herb;

I guess what I took from the Brooks column was that he saw the GOP as moving
away from a party of "urbane values, sophistication, and the rigorous and
constant application of intellect" to an organization dedicated to a form of
class warfare, pitting "wholesome Joe Sixpacks in the heartland" against
"oversophisticated, overeducated, oversecularized denizens of the coasts".

The party, according to Brooks, is inviting many thoughtful lawyers,
doctors, technology executives, and investment bankers, to just leave."

My point in posting the column was to posit the theory that the shift to
Obama in my neighborhood has less to do with the perception of McCain as a
"me first" kind of guy than a perception of being "kicked out" of the GOP
calculation.

best wishes;

Ben

Ben,

Are you really asserting that the ENTIRE GOP center shifted to Obama?

I don't think so.

Maybe New York City, maybe even all of New York, but believe it or not,
there are parts of the United States west of you folks.

If as many Republicans "shifted" the way you claimed, Obama wouldn't
have to be spending all those $$$ that he collected from the folks EAST
of ya'll, and ACORN could be pushing their local candidates heavier...