[Rhodes22-list] POLITICAL-NYTimes: Major GOP & McCain Fund Raiser tied to Corruption

Ben Cittadino bcittadino at dcs-law.com
Fri Oct 17 11:45:15 EDT 2008

Herb;

You make my point for me.

Politicians draw support from lots and lots of people.  At the time Obama
served on the Annenberg Challenge Board with Ayres maybe Obama Should have
known about Ayres' past, maybe not.  I don't know.
Maybe McCain should have known more about this fund raiser, maybe not. I
don't know.  My point, although made tongue in cheek at first, was that
political campaigns draw all kinds of people and none of those campaigns
should be held to account for every past act of every supporter, unless the
campaign manifests some approval of or adoption of the bad acts.

Obama has led a good and decent life.  Disagree with him about health care
reform, abortion policy, war, peace, strategy, tactics, taxes, or whatever.
But the attempts to smear him as some kind of communist or terrorist or
secret agent for the muslim world have not only backfired, they have sullied
the heretofor heroic and honorable reputation of Sen McCain.

I just think it's a shame.

Ben C.