[Rhodes22-list] Pulling Outboard

Daniel Johnson djohnson0671 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 20:15:50 EDT 2008

I am sure there must be an obvious easy answer to this question, but I don't
have time to research it.  I want to pull the 9.9 Yamaha from our Rhodes at
Solomons Island.  It hasn't run right for most of the season, so I'm
thinking I may tear into it in the garage this winter, and if all else
fails, it will be off the boat and I can take it to one of those overpriced
outboard motor sales & repair shops.  Other than just find someone else to
help with some muscle power, are there any easy and inexpensive solutions to
actually hoisting the 100 pound motor from the transom to the dock?

I guess I could go to the gym a few more times and probably handle it
myself, but that seems like a dumb idea!

Dan