[Rhodes22-list] Political: Scott McClellan, former Bush Press Sec'y, Supports Obama

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 19:44:48 EDT 2008

Ben,

You and I will be friends either way, and I don't have to actually
move to China, my money is already there and I have a bed waiting just
for you.

You're right in one sense, I'll be fine either way.  I was a damn good
aircraft mechanic as a 15 year old, and despite the four decades of
rust, I'm not that bad a mechanic now.  Me and mine will survive!

You on the other hand may have a hard time making a living  as a "word
merchant" in China.

Don't worry buddy, I've spent most of my life as an educator.  I know
how many twelfths there are in an inch - as Sir Stan would say. I can
get you through this! BTW, our equipment on the MS Gulf coast needs
washed.

Brad

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Ben Cittadino <bcittadino at dcs-law.com> wrote:

> [...]
> bomb.....bomb, bomb Iran" later, as your friend McCain says.
>
> If Senator Obama wins he will appoint Federal Judges who understand that
> their role is not to "role over" to every "hair brained scheme" the
> executive comes up with to improve our security at the expense of our
> freedom.  They will reassert their role as the guardians of the limits of
> executive power and the tyranny of the majority. They will protect habeas
> corpus, and individual liberties and not allow abuse of government power in
> the name of "national security".
>
> If Senator Obama wins we will finally get universal healthcare, or damned
> close.  Our failures in this area are a disgrace.
>
> The Palestinians may see this man Obama as their first real chance to form a
> lasting deal with the Israeli government providing for the two-state
> solution to the endless conflict there.
>
> Brad, best of all, if Obama wins you will one day turn to me and say, "You
> know Ben, I was wrong about this guy. I'm sure glad I didn't move to China."
> Why, you might even say, "Ben, this could be the beginning of a beautiful
> friendship."
>
> Relax my friend, if it doesn't work out, there's another election in four
> years.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Ben Cittadino
>
> PS- Did you steal my yard sign?
>
> Brad Haslett-2 wrote:
>>
>> Ben,
>>
>> What is your opinion?  Enough with other people thinking for you, you
>> do have a mind of your own, don't you?
>>
>> You did take Phyc 101 and studied herd mentality, didn't you?
>>
>> China went down this path, Germany did as well!
>>
>> What do you think man?  Tell me in your own words.
>>
>> Brad
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Ben Cittadino <bcittadino at dcs-law.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> People;
>>>
>>> He turned on Bush long ago, but to abandon McCain? Very Interseting.....
>>>
>>> CNN— Scott McClellan, the former White House press secretary who sharply
>>> criticized President Bush in his memoir last spring, told CNN Thursday
>>> he's
>>> voting for Barack Obama.
>>>
>>> "From the very beginning I have said I am going to support the candidate
>>> that has the best chance for changing the way Washington works and
>>> getting
>>> things done and I will be voting for Barack Obama and clapping,"
>>> McClellan
>>> told new CNN Host D.L. Hughley
>>>
>>> McClellan, a onetime Bush loyalist whose scathing critique of the
>>> president
>>> sent shockwaves across Washington last spring, has long hinted he was
>>> leaning toward the Illinois senator.
>>>
>>> "It's a message that is very similar to the one that Gov. Bush ran on in
>>> 2000," McClellan said in May about Obama's campaign.
>>>
>>> McClellan isn't the first member of Bush's inner circle to express
>>> for Obama. In 2007, former Bush strategist Matt Dowd also said he had