[Rhodes22-list] Political: Scott McClellan, former Bush Press Sec'y, Supports Obama

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Oct 23 19:28:49 EDT 2008

Ben,

Why would an Afghan war go any better than the Iraq war?

The Taliban are not our enemies in Afghanistan -- we backed them to get
rid of the drug lords.  We didn't enter Afghanistan to get rid of the
Taliban, we entered solely to destroy the Al Qaeda camps.

They are gone, now, and we don't have the slightest idea where Osama is.

Why deploy into Afghanistan?  Nobody ever beats them -- it's always a
quagmire.  Ask the Russians.  Ask the British.  Ask anybody who has ever
tried to impose their will on these people.

Scott McClellan is a moron--always has been--don't know why you would
think his political opinion is important.  I would run away from anyone
he supports.

Bill Effros

Ben Cittadino wrote:
> [...]
> bomb.....bomb, bomb Iran" later, as your friend McCain says.
>
> If Senator Obama wins he will appoint Federal Judges who understand that
> their role is not to "role over" to every "hair brained scheme" the
> executive comes up with to improve our security at the expense of our
> freedom.  They will reassert their role as the guardians of the limits of
> executive power and the tyranny of the majority. They will protect habeas
> corpus, and individual liberties and not allow abuse of government power in
> the name of "national security".
>
> If Senator Obama wins we will finally get universal healthcare, or damned
> close.  Our failures in this area are a disgrace.
>
> The Palestinians may see this man Obama as their first real chance to form a
> lasting deal with the Israeli government providing for the two-state
> solution to the endless conflict there.
>
> Brad, best of all, if Obama wins you will one day turn to me and say, "You
> know Ben, I was wrong about this guy. I'm sure glad I didn't move to China."
> Why, you might even say, "Ben, this could be the beginning of a beautiful
> friendship."
>
> Relax my friend, if it doesn't work out, there's another election in four
> years.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Ben Cittadino
>
> PS- Did you steal my yard sign?
>
> Brad Haslett-2 wrote:
>
>> Ben,
>>
>> What is your opinion?  Enough with other people thinking for you, you
>> do have a mind of your own, don't you?
>>
>> You did take Phyc 101 and studied herd mentality, didn't you?
>>
>> China went down this path, Germany did as well!
>>
>> What do you think man?  Tell me in your own words.
>>
>> Brad
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Ben Cittadino <bcittadino at dcs-law.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> People;
>>>
>>> He turned on Bush long ago, but to abandon McCain? Very Interseting.....
>>>
>>> CNN— Scott McClellan, the former White House press secretary who sharply
>>> criticized President Bush in his memoir last spring, told CNN Thursday
>>> he's
>>> voting for Barack Obama.
>>>
>>> "From the very beginning I have said I am going to support the candidate
>>> that has the best chance for changing the way Washington works and
>>> getting
>>> things done and I will be voting for Barack Obama and clapping,"
>>> McClellan
>>> told new CNN Host D.L. Hughley
>>>
>>> McClellan, a onetime Bush loyalist whose scathing critique of the
>>> president
>>> sent shockwaves across Washington last spring, has long hinted he was
>>> leaning toward the Illinois senator.
>>>
>>> "It's a message that is very similar to the one that Gov. Bush ran on in
>>> 2000," McClellan said in May about Obama's campaign.
>>>
>>> McClellan isn't the first member of Bush's inner circle to express
>>> for Obama. In 2007, former Bush strategist Matt Dowd also said he had