[Rhodes22-list] Politics: Spread WHAT Wealth?

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Oct 24 10:07:56 EDT 2008

Will somebody please explain to me how this wealth spreading is going to
work?

Raising capital gains taxes on losses won't raise a great deal of revenue.

Heavily taxing executives who have lost their jobs won't raise much more.

It won't be long before we get down to "luxury taxes" -- on items like
small sailboats.

Remember that one, Stan?

I'll bet it was great for your business!

Then the only thing left will be inflation.  Letting the dollar collapse
completely will boost home prices, the stock market, and force all kinds
of people who do not consider themselves "wealthy" into higher, and more
highly taxed brackets.

When that happens, people who work will be more interested in holding
onto their wallets than passing along what they have left to others who
won't work.

In the final analysis we always discover everyone is interested only in
spreading the wealth of others to themselves--never the other way around.

Bill Effros