[Rhodes22-list] Political: Bill Clinton v Sarah Palin (you're kidding right?)

Benjamin Cittadino bigben65 at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 25 01:20:07 EDT 2008

Tootle;
I recently called Bill Clinton a genius in defending my position that it is
not her accent that makes Sarah Palin a moron. Clinton has a pronounced
accent.

As you must have known , but perhaps have blocked from your memory, Bill
Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar.  Surely you realize this post graduate grant
is the single most prestigious, competitive, sought after, challenging, and
rewarding academic honor that a college graduate can receive. Please tell me
you accept that fact.

Bill Clinton speaks in complete, gramatically correct, coherant English
senrences.  His paragraphs have a beginning, a middle and an end that hang
together as eloquent expressions of a complete thought.

Bill Clinton can talk for hours on esoteric subjects of foreign and domestic
policy, without notes.

He is spontaneously witty, charming, quick, and isn't afraid to appear
"intellectual". He is utterly unafraid to be challenged on any subject by
anyone, and is a persuasive advocate for his point of view.

Sarah Palin spouts transparently canned lines, which almost always include
the words, "maverick, soccar Mom, pit bull, Joe six-pack, hockey mom, real
americans, and/or you betcha" over and over.  She has one talent, sarcasm,
and it is no wonder to me why she is so popular with some of the folks on
this forum.

She wants to be VP to a man who has had multiple bouts with serious cancer
and is of advanced age.

I am not alone in my assessment of this person.  David Brooks and other
right of center writers like Peggy Noonan and others feel exactly the same
way.  I'm in good company in my assessment.

Who thinks she is not a moron?  As far as I can tell, only afew hardy souls
on this forum.  Well, good luck with that.

Ben C.

PS- for purposes of this discussion I define moron as a person of obvious
intellectual incapacity who is also mean, nasty, sarcastic and adds nothing
to the public discourse. It is a function of both attitude AND aptitude.

PPS-Yes Tootle I know that makes me a moron in your eyes. I can live with
that.