[Rhodes22-list] Political reply to Ben C - you are kidding?

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 07:23:08 EDT 2008

Ben,

That convention speech was written by Matt Scully (all politicians use
speech writers).  I seriously doubt Palin has ever read any Pegler or
knew who he was.  His statement on small towns is innocent by itself.
The only reason I know of Pegler is because of some research for a
labor law class.  Scully probably didn't know who he was either, he
just liked the sound of the quote. Todd Palin is a union member and
Sarah Palin keeps an Israeli flag on her office wall, I seriously
doubt she holds many of the same views as Pegler.

There's a huge difference between using a quote from a Pegler type
unknowingly versus sitting in a pew and listening to even more
vitriolic BS from a "spiritual advisor" for twenty years.

Brad