[Rhodes22-list] How much time do you spend on the computer?

Benjamin Cittadino bigben65 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 26 21:36:28 EDT 2008

Dear (Meta)??;

Let me be the first of the politcal posters to apologize to you, Bigal, and
others who have complained of the deluge of political posts. I got sucked in
when I saw Tootle describe Obama supporters as either marxists or sheep.  I
then saw that no one was answering and felt that the hundreds of  members
might want to see some counterpoint.  I joined the list only this past June
and didn't quite understand the ins and outs. I figured the "sailor's bar"
metaphor (if you'll pardon the expression) allowed  for this kind of debate.
Before I knew it I was "hip deep in the Big Muddy" (as Pete Seeger used to
sing).

Until recently I tried to limit my participation to once every few days, but
as the election has approached I have become addicted. I keep thinking if I
don't speak up it may be that some folks will buy in to the mis-direction (
my opinion) coming from the other side.

So, I can say that on Nov 5 I'm joining PPA (Political Posters Anonymous). I
have a 28 day stay planned in an appropriate undisclosed location, after
which I hope to revert to my former happy life as a productive member of my
law firm.  I may backslide if these guys keep aggravating me,
but my volume will drop precipitously.

I do want to say I have found the Nabble site easier to navigate, and while
I have never printed out a political post, I have a nice collection of
sailing posts which have been invaluable as I get back into this great
hobby.

I apologize again. Only a few more days. Hang in there.

Best wishes.

Ben Cittadino, s/v susan kay, Highlands, NJ