[Rhodes22-list] How much time do you spend on the computer?

Metaphor mwager at bluecrab.org
Sun Oct 26 21:31:35 EDT 2008

I've got a simple question, but mostly applied to Herb and Brad, and somewhat
to Tootle:

Do you guys have jobs or real lives, or do you spend all day on the internet
and then posting to this forum?  There are a couple of other volume posters,
but none so prolific as you are. I get the sense that the sailors are pretty
much giving up getting airtime in competition with the political nature of
this forum.

I try to follow the various threads, but have lost interest in this forum
because it has so little to do with sailing, Rhodes 22's or nautical life in
general.  Reading the same paranoid information from the three of you over
and over again is tiresome, so much so that I've begun to applaud your
challengers -- Ben C, petelargo, etc.,  simply because they are challenging
you, and I have (but not always) voted Republican.

Your time would be better spent arguing on a political forum rather that a
sailing one, and leaving this forum to talk about the boring details of the
Rhodes 22 -- you know, technical issues, innovative re-designs or fixes,
sailing techniques, great sailing adventures, that kind of stuff of interest
to Rhodes 22 owners and sailors... certainly there would be fewer posts, but
the Rhodes 22 boat issues would not be so buried under the volume of
political posts found here.  A search of the internet would probably find a
few sites that you might find more of a political nature.  Thanks...