[Rhodes22-list] How much time do you spend on the computer?

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Sun Oct 26 23:07:56 EDT 2008

How arrogant of you to tell me how to "better spend my time". How about
me saying you could better spend YOUR time searching some archives to so
you can know what you're talking about before you spout off? On the one
hand, you complain about the repetitiveness, and then on the other you
ask for a repetition of something that was already stated.

I have a "real job". It requires that I be on the internet all day long,
and basically take care of problems. I have time in short bursts between
problems, and that's where and when I post on here.

I also have a "real life" that involves my kids, grandkids, my
motorcycle riding club, my sailing club, and yes, I'm heavily involved
with all of those, sometimes in tandem with each other. As I said just
recently, I sail just about every weekend (I missed this one - work). I
even managed to squeeze in getting a USCG 25-ton Masters.

I also ride my bike just about every day, see my local grandkids every
week (one of them every day, she lives with me), and my out of town
gkids once a month.

I attend church just about every Sunday (again, exception today, I had
to work).

Your comment about this forum having "so little to do with sailing" is
much like the liberals complaining about the "increasing income gap" -
as if lowering the incomes at the high end would some increase the low end.

Stopping the political posts would not bring any more sailing posts.
Have you EVER seen a sailing question on here go unanswered? As a matter
of fact, if the "other" sailing forums are any indication, restricting
the non-sailing posts would likely dry up the forum completely.

I'm pretty faithful about putting "political" on my post headers. I'd
more more than happy to help you learn how to set up a filter on your
system to sort out the political posts. Even though it's not sailing
related, just ask.

One more thing on the topic of sailing questions - have you ever
answered any sailing questions on this forum? Most of the people you
just mentioned have, including myself.