[Rhodes22-list] POLITICAL: FLASH-Ted Stevens Convicted-

Ben Cittadino bcittadino at dcs-law.com
Mon Oct 27 19:03:32 EDT 2008

Bill;

Remember, Stevens was not convicted of bribery.  The prosecutors were smart
enough not to over-reach or over-charge. He was convicted of violating a
disclosure law which is much easier to prove.  Everybody and their brother
seems to know about Obama's dealings with Rezko so I really don't know if he
has the same non-disclosure problem as Stevens.

If Obama were convicted of a crime, we would run into the same issues we ran
into with Clinton (and Nixon for that matter). Impeachment (which is only
the charge, like an "indictment") is permitted only for "high crimes and
misdemeanors" and they are whatever the House of Reps says they are.
Conviction in the Senate would mean removal from office. Then Joe Biden
would take over. No worries.

Best;

Ben C.