[Rhodes22-list] POLITICAL: "Spread the Wealth" or "The horse is dead, stop the beating"

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Mon Oct 27 19:29:28 EDT 2008

Ben,

Good to see that. So that means that in fact, McCain did NOT "vote with
President Bush" as Obama (and being fair, McCain at one time) claims,
since the President doesn't vote on those matters.

When you propose raising taxes for one group, so you can GIVE A CHECK to
another group, this NOT "paying their fair share", it IS INDEED
spreading the wealth.

When you raise taxes for one group, so another group can have theirs
lowered, when they are already paying a lower share, that is not
everyone paying their fair share.

When you raise taxes for one group, so another group can suddenly pay 0
taxes, that is not everyone paying their "fair share".

There is a term, I know you don't like it, for those that feel that each
should "pay according to their ability", which is EXACTLY what you are
describing below. Thus, the references made in the past.