[Rhodes22-list] centerboard repair - cap sealant? question for Stan

Saroj Gilbert saroj at pathfind.net
Wed Oct 29 12:38:06 EDT 2008

many thanks Stan... my 1984 boat was GB refurbished not too long before I
bought her (1994 if I remember correctly) so is it safe to assume that it is
also a "lifetime reusable neoprene gasket"?  It seems in good shape but I'll
have another look...   I've got a source here for free nuts, bolts, and
washers so I'm good there.

I'm puzzled about why mostly screws instead of bolts and why the RTV
sealant...  did you change your process after that?  course someone else
might have messed with it following the refurbish.

Saroj