[Rhodes22-list] the definitive word on "Change."

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 21:58:27 EDT 2008

A friend sent this along to me:

Years ago, there was an old tale in the Marine Corps about a lieutenant who inspected his marines and told the 'gunny' that they smelled bad.   The lieutenant suggested that theychange their underwear.

The Gunny responded, 'Yes, sir, I'll see to it immediately'.

He went into the tent and said, 'The lieutenant thinks you guys smell bad, and wants you to change your underwear.  Smith, you change with Jones, McCarthy, you change with Witkowskie, Brown, you change with Schultz.  Get to it'.

The moral: change in Washington , but don't count on things smelling any better.

elle