[Rhodes22-list] Trailer capacity and GPS/fish locator Reply to Rod

Ellner ellner at pressenter.com
Fri Oct 31 22:07:57 EDT 2008

I was thinking about the skimmer being mounted on the transom.  The shoot through the hull would be cleaner but I like to fish and I would like the best signal I can get.  I was able to be an observer on during a Professional Walleye Tournament recently and saw what they could do.  I realize that it isn't only the equipment.

I have been able to rationalize that I need a depth finder and my hand held GPS died so one of these is a no brainer.  Pretty good  reasoning, eh?  I had a single axel trailer and had a second axel & surge brakes put on  the trailer  and am looking at what weight to  put  on the registration application.  After the  second axel was added we drove to Kentucky Lake for a get together  with other Rhodes 22's and at one time I looked down at the speedometer and I was dooing near 80 mph and then decided to back off slightly 65 mph maybe.  Yes,  we are going to Edenton to have a few things done to the boat.. At 03:22 PM 10/31/2008, you wrote: