[Rhodes22-list] Politics - Connect the dots, follow the money - Brad my reply -

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 17:25:01 EDT 2008

Ed,

Obviously, lot's of people will believe anything.  I believe the truth
will come out in the next 60 days.  I also believe that people are
smart enough to know where the truth lies, even if it stays hidden for
that period or longer.  In the meantime, here's a short list of "mud"
thrown to see how much "sticks".  I'll update as necessary depending
on how fast the far left can type and how quickly the information is
passed to me.

Brad

--------------------

   1. Yes, she is Governor of Alaska. No, she's not the Lieutenant
Governor. No, she's not currently Mayor of Wasilla. Yes, she was Mayor
of Wasilla, some years ago.
   2. Yes, there are people in Alaska who think she's too liberal.
   3. Yes, she did push for and approve the Wasilla Sports Center.
Yes, it did cost a lot of money. (People keep saying $20 million, that
article says $14.5 million, but then they also added a $1.2 million
dollar food service/kitchen piece. This year, since Palin was out of
office as Mayor.) Yes, the city went into debt to do it (how did you
buy your house, bunkie?) and raised the city sales tax from 2 percent
to 2.5 percent to pay for it. Yes, the city is paying it off early.
   4. Yes, she did want authority to have wolves culled from the air,
because they were taking too many moose and caribou. Which people hunt
for food in the back country in Alaska. No, she isn't shooting them
herself. I mean, not that she couldn't, but I'm sure she doesn't have
time. (Thanks to bluemerlin in the comments.)
   5. No, the Downs baby (Trig) isn't Bristol's kid, and no, the kid
wasn't born with Downs because (a) Palin flew on an airplane (b) went
home to have the baby after an amniotic leak (c) because he was the
result of incest between Todd Palin and Bristol.
   6. No, Track (the kid who is leaving for Iraq) didn't join the NG
because he was a drug addict. He may have joined the NG because he was
tired of people saying his Mom was getting him into the good hockey
leagues. (Yes, that one was original reporting. I've got sources in
Wasilla.)
   7. No, she's never been in any porn as far as anyone can find (and
God knows I get enough google hits on those very topics.)
   8. No, no one seems to be able to even find swimsuit pictures of
her from her beauty queen days; God knows I looked. The bikini
pictures that are around are photoshopped, just like the Vogue cover I
have up.
   9. No she wasn't a member of the (wild-eyed libertarian) Alaska
independence Party, although her husband once was
  10. No, neither the (Canadian) National Post, nor Marc Armbinder at
the Atlantic have troubled themselves to issue a correction. Yes, the
New York Times did finally correct their story of September 1 — on
September 5. This was after Elizabeth Bumiller was quoted by Howard
Kurtz as saying she was "completely confident about the story." Yes,
that was after the New York Times's source retracted the story. Yes,
this should embarrass the Times, Bumiller, and Howard Kurtz. No, there
have been no signs of embarrassment.
  11. No, she was never a Pat Buchanan supporter; even when Buchanan
claims she was, she was on the board of Steve Forbes'a campaign in
Alaska.
  12. No, she's not anti-semitic. In fact, she has an Israeli flag in
her office. (Contrary to popular belief, the usual Evangelical thinks
Israel has a right to exist, granted by God.)
  13. No, she's doesn't believe that the Iraq War was directed by God.
Yes, she did pray that proceeding with the war was God's will. (Ever
hear the phrase "Not my will, but Thine, be done"?)
  14. No, Buchanan doesn't support her now; in fact he's supporting
Obama. (Buchanan did think her speech was amazing, but then so do 80
percent of the people who saw it.)
  15. yes, she was pregnant when she got married
  16. No, so far there's no confirmation she had an affair while she
was married, and they've denied it pretty strongly. No, she wouldn't
be the first Christian woman who got a little on the side, if it were
true.
  17. No, she wasn't named as a co-respondent in a divorce; there's no
evidence she had an affair with her husbands' business partner. The
partner tried to have his divorce records sealed because he was being
harrassed by journalists who used them to get his phone number.
  18. Yes, barring immaculate conception, Bristol appears to have had
sex with her fiancee. No, Bristol didn't receive only
"abstinence-only" sex ed.
  19. Yes, I have it on reliable report that Sarah Levi's mom has been
heard screaming "Way to go Levi!" at her future son-in-law son. No, it
doesn't appear to have been when Bristol broke the news to her family.
      Note: I originally understood this story to be about Sarah, not
Levi's mom, in the context of hockey games. As such, it's shouldn't be
in a Sarah Palin Rumors story, but I like the story too much to delete
it.
  20. yes, her 17 year old daughter is pregnant; no, the baby's father
is not an eighth grader; no, having sex at 16 is not statutory rape in
Alaska
  21. yes, she did fire the public safety guy — but he said in the
Anchorage paper that, for the record, she never, and no one else in
her administration ever, tried to make him fire her ex-brother-in-law
  22. and yes, the state trooper (her sister's ex-husband) she was
worried about did: tase her 10 year old nephew; drive his state patrol
car while drinking or drunk; did threaten to "bring her down"; and did
threaten to murder her father and sister if they dared to get an
attorney to help with the divorce.
  23. yes, the state trooper was suspended when he was put under a
court protective order
  24. no, the trooper wasn't fired
  25. yes, she did fire the Wasilla Chief of Police as Mayor; yes, it
was because he was lying to the City Council.
  26. Yes, she did try to cut her own salary as Mayor by $4000 a year;
yes, she had voted against the $4000 a year raise while on the City
Council.
  27. No, she didn't cut funding for unwed mothers; yes, she did
increase it by "only" 354 percent instead of 454 percent, as part of a
multi-year capital expenditures program. No, the Washington Post
doesn't appear to have corrected their story. Even after this was
pointed out in the comments on the story.
  28. No, she didn't cut special needs student funding; yes, she did
raise it by "only" 175 percent.
  29. yes, she did try, clearly unsuccessfully, to get Bristol married
off to her fiancee before the story came out
  30. yes, she did ask the librarian if some books could be withdrawn
because of being offensive; no, they couldn't; yes she did threaten to
fire the librarian a month later; no, that wasn't over the books thing
but instead over administrative issues; no, the librarian wasn't fired
either; yes, the librarian was a big supporter of one of her political
opponents; yes, the librarian was also the girlfriend of the Chief of
police mentioned above; no, this is not the first time in the history
of civilization that someone has been threatened with being fired over
a political dispute
  31. No the list of books she wanted to ban that's being passed
around isn't real; among other things, it includes a number of books
published after her time in office there.
  32. No, that hasn't actually deterred people from claiming it really
is true even if the list isn't correct. For example:
      "This list might not in fact reflect the books Sarah Palin
wanted banned. As more than one person in Comments has pointed out,
some of them were not published when Palin was in office. It is my
hope that the mainstream media will not let this story drop and that
at some point an actual list will surface. The very thought of having
someone who once advocated book-banning possibly occupying one of the
highest offices of our land fills me with profound dread. It should
fill you with dread too."
  33. No, I don't understand why a fake list is supposed to fill me
with dread, either.
  34. no, it wasn't a shotgun wedding; Bristol and Levi been engaged
for a good while according to his mother. It was either an accident or
just an unconventional order.
  35. yes, she's an was an Assembly of God Holy Roller. No, she
doesn't attend an AoG church now. Yes, she did leave the AoG because
they were getting too weird for her.
  36. No, she's not anti-Mormon. No, not all AoG churches are
anti-Mormon. (AoG is even more hard-core about allowing each pastor
and congregation to make their own decisions than the Baptists are.)
(Thanks to AnonAmom in the comments.)
  37. No, she's not from another planet. No, I haven't actually heard
that one yet, but you wait.
  38. yes, she apparently believes in some variant of Intelligent Design
  39. no, she didn't try to force the schools to teach it; she said if
someone brought it up, it was an appropriate subject for debate.
  40. No, she doesn't believe in "abstinence only" education. Yes, she
thinks abstinence is an effective way of preventing pregnancy. Duh.
Yes, she believes kids should learn about condom use in schools.
  41. yes, she kills animals and eats them, and wears their skins
  42. yes, she was a beauty contest contestant
  43. yes, she was once a sportscaster
  44. yes, she has a college degree in Journalism, but I won't hold
that against her, as she seems to have found honest work as well
  45. yes, she sometimes wears her hair up; no that's not a "beehive"
  46. yes, her husband is Not A White Person (he's a Yup'ik; an Eskimo
but not an Inuit as my Inuit cousins have taken some pains to explain)
  47. yes, she has on occasion tried to get money from the federal government.
  48. yes, she did finally turn down the money for the bridge. Yes,
that meant changing her mind about it.
  49. yes, she was vetted extensively, not just in three days — I've
got links to press reports about people coming to Wassila on 29 May,
and we had her on our Veepstakes at PJM from the first day we ran it.
  50. yes, she want to a bunch of colleges before getting a degree.
No, that's not illegal. Yes, she seems to have made something of
herself anyway.
  51. no, they didn't talk to a lot of the R's power structure during
the vetting; that probably has to do with the fact that she beat them
in elections and sent a bunch of them to jail.
  52. Yes, Sarah Palin's acceptance speech was written by a
speechwriter. Duh. No, none of Obama's, McCain's, nor Biden's speeches
were impromptu off the cuff things either.
  53. Yes, she did put the Governors plane on eBay. No, that's not how
it was finally sold. Yes, McCain did say it wrong. Bad McCain.
  54. No, Sarah Palin doesn't have such control of Alaskans that
people are afraid to say bad things about her. (What, are you nuts?
Look at this list.) No, I don't think it's likely that she called
Obama "Sambo". (Good God, man, I'm ten years older than her and I
barely remember "Little Black Sambo.") Yes, I'm sure there are people
who don't like her — I've talked with some myself.