[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit Drain

RobertBovee50 at aol.com RobertBovee50 at aol.com
Mon Feb 2 10:22:26 EST 2009

The drain goes straight down. Good luck.

Robert

In a message dated 2/2/2009 10:17:24 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
LKUHN at cnmc.org writes:

Where is the exit for the cockpit drain?  Does it go  straight through the
lazarette and out the bottom or does it curve  aft?

Mine is clogged, most likely with ice and debris.  I was  going to stick a
bent wire hanger down the hole but wasn't sure if that was  a smart idea.  If
the drain goes straight down through the hull, I  think the hanger would
reach out the bottom.  If the drain curves, I  think I'd rather try to blow
it out with an air or water hose.

Maybe  it will unclog if I just take her out for a sail.

She's in the water  and I haven't a trailer.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  At Ease
Kent  Island, MD