[Rhodes22-list] Compression Repair and Addition of Compression Post

David Culp dculp at hsbtx.com
Fri Feb 6 00:55:54 EST 2009

Mike:
Yes, we made a through examination of everything we could and everything
else appears normal  The bulkhead which normally supports the cabin roof has
not moved-what happened is that the cabin roof was bending downward behind
the bulkhead and the roof liner was being crushed in by the rear edge of the
bulkhead.  Once we flexed the cabin top up back into its proper position, it
was this crushed indention that had to be filled with the shims, otherwise
the weight of the mast would only be borne by the cabin-top structure and
the new post.  I think we fixed it, but I would like to know what caused
this in the first place.

David