[Rhodes22-list] traveler bar length?

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Sat Aug 7 10:40:26 EDT 2010

Chris,

 Look carefully at how the blocks are attached to the backstays. Stan used a
small piece of wire crimped/swaged in place. That spreads the loads carried
by the traveller bar (or rope) over a greater area. The bar in the picture
bends the wire over a sharp unyielding edge. Rounding all corners would
help. I know my repair on the one stay in my picture violates my own rules
to some extent but it is temporary as I plan to replace the backstays over
the winter solving the problem. Questioning ideas is welcome as it can lead
to better understanding of how something works.

Hope you're sailing soon
John S