[Rhodes22-list] Yet another cockpit drain question

redneckyc steverayj at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 8 12:36:02 EST 2013

On the new to me 77 Rhodes I just bought (sitting on its trailer at a farm)
it was missing the drain hose and so lazarette was full of rain water. I
have replaced the hose and caulked the upper fitting/drain. Since no water
was leaking out around the edges of the lower fitting under the boat I am
thinking it should be fine. Does that sound like a safe bet or should I
replace it anyway? If I did replace it should I use a similar plastic one or
a regular bronze thru hull? Since I have never seen one of these boats in
the water I guess my real question is can a failing bottom drain fitting
sink the boat - ie should I think of as a regular thru hull? Don't want to
go down on my grand launching in the spring :)  -- Steve

-----
Fair winds and following seas .....  Steve