[Rhodes22-list] Standing rigging thickness

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Tue Feb 18 16:17:57 EST 2014

Ken:

Thanks for the reply. I completely understand. My boat is frozen into a snow
bank as well.

Many years ago I removed the bulkhead when I rebuilt the interior of the
boat and when I went to install it again it was too tight to fit in place. I
foolishly trimmed the bulkhead to fit rather than jack up the cabin top.
Once I was at sea on a heal with the rigging under tension I could see that
there was excessive space between the top of the bulkhead and the cabin top
- especially at the corner of the cabin top. can't remember if I shortened
the post or not - hence the question. When I reinstall the bulkhead again I
would like to return the bulkhead to its original dimensions if possible but
otherwise will just have to make my best guess..

Graham