[Rhodes22-list] What happens when Rhodies go over to the dark side

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Fri Jun 24 13:39:44 EDT 2016

Amazingly, underway at slow speeds, Tara is almost as quiet as
Fretless was motoring at a reasonable clip. Of course Tara at slow
speeds is still doing 6-8 knots. The Yamaha 115 seems awfully quiet
for the amount of horsepower and fortunately, the outboard is a long
way from the helm station. And if you close the doors to the cockpit,
it's even quieter.

The thing I will miss the most, other than the sailing on glorious
days, is the closeness to the water from the Rhodes cockpit. One good
thing about the Rossi is that there are doors on either side of the
cabin next to the helmsman's and mate's seats so that there is still
that sense of being close to the water.

And thanks for the compliments about my writing. I've always tried to
be helpful and clear. Glad to know I've succeeded at least some of the time.

And look for us on the water. The Choptank is a favorite destination.

Mary Lou
formerly 1991 Rhodes 22 Fretless
now Rosborough RF-246  Tara
soon to be in Rock Hall, MD