[Rhodes22-list] New Teak

JP Dempsey joedempsey at hughes.net
Thu May 4 15:22:58 EDT 2017

  The two cables connect to the starboard side of the motor. The thru hull opening through the transom is on the port side of the motor lift.  It doesn't seem feasible for those cables to make the 180 back to the starboard side and run to the remote box. Should cables go over or through transom. If through, does lift put too much bind in them? I'm just not seeing how to feed cables to get under cockpit seats.                                                                                                                                                                         Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device                                                                                                                                                                            From: ml+s1065344n53140h35 at n5.nabble.com Sent: May 4, 2017 12:49 PM To: joedempsey at hughes.net Subject: Re: New Teak

	JP,
How similar is your new motor to your old motor?  I have an Evinrude which
is a no-brainer for remote control.
Rick
On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 12:35 PM, JP Dempsey < [hidden email] > wrote:
> Rick,
> I'm in process of mounting new motor. Previous owner had what looked like a
> motor tiller control on the end of cable extensions.  I have a remote
> control like you show in your cockpit photo. How did you deal with the
> throttle and shift cable routing and maintaining the minimum radius coming
> off of the engine into the cockpit? How did you route them from above the
> transom into the lazarette?
>

> -----
> JP Dempsey
> s/v Respite
> Marshall,VA
> --

		http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/New-Teak-tp51959p53140.html

		To unsubscribe from New Teak, click here .
		NAML

-----
JP Dempsey
s/v Respite