[Rhodes22-list] spreaders ok?

S/V Lark Colealexander at hotmail.com
Sun May 7 15:37:41 EDT 2017

Welcome.  Hope you aren't standing there with the mast up waiting for a
response...

The left spreader (camera's view) looks off.   I can't tell if its just the
lower shrods crossed for the crane, or something else.

The spreaders are bolted to the mast and a deep well socket will access them
if something was bent.   I think some play is normal, they just transfer the
angle of the upper shroud to simulate a wider beam.    They should be
symmetrical, and angle to bisect the very wide angle of the deflected shroud
if that makes sense.   The system seems fairly forgiving when I raise the
mast, stop untangle shrouds, and repeat.

Hopefully others will stumble by soon.

Alex
SV Lark.
Ohio.