[Rhodes22-list] Water in the cabin

JP Dempsey joedempsey at hughes.net
Mon Feb 11 17:23:02 EST 2019

I suspect that anyone with a Rhodes that's at least 10 years old has water
issues in the bilge. So far I have replaced anchor rode port (as previously
noted), one port lite and re-bedded two more ports and the cabin trunk grab
rails. I suspect I will have to re-bed the chain plates before I completely
solve my water problems. The small weep holes along the seat scuppers in the
cockpit are there for a reason don't plug those, but the two large drains in
the aft above the lazzerette should be looked at and sealed or re-bedded if
you can get them out. Stan may have replacements. I caulked them and water
in the lazzerette almost disappeared! Now if I can only get a dry bilge.

-----
JP Dempsey
s/v Respite
Rhodes 22 1989/2005