[Rhodes22-list] Water in the cabin

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Tue Feb 12 10:05:30 EST 2019

Alexis:
It is not difficult to fix any and all leaks in the boat. What is almost
impossible is to find the damned things.  Part of the reason that the leaks
are so hard to find is that the water evaporates at the leak  quickly so you
can't see any sign of the leak's source. One possible solution to this
latter problem is to tape some paper towel below where you think the leak
might be. If there is a leak it will show on the towel.
As for painting the lazarette, I have found that Interlux bilge paint works
very well. It is super tough, very smooth - which makes it easy to clean,
applies easily and is less expensive than yacht paints. Any "bilge" paint
should work from other marine paint manufacturers as well but I haven't
tried them.

Graham Stewart
Agile 1976 Rhodes 22
Kingston Ontario