[Rhodes22-list] dinghy selection

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 09:52:24 EST 2020

This summer I will be doing a few road trips with my R22 to larger lakes.  On
these trips there will be 1 or 2 people onboard with me and I plan to anchor
out for the night on a few occasions.  I thought it might be nice to have a
dinghy to be able to get to shore or just to get out for some exercise if
we've been on the R22 for awhile.  I've got an inflatable stand up
paddleboard that I could stow in the v-berth but I was thinking about
getting something with a 2 person capacity.  I was considering a 2 person
inflatable kayak such as this one:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072JHDN9M/
<https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072JHDN9M/>   that I could rolled up and store
in the v-berth as well.

In Chris G's adventures I see he uses a more traditional dinghy and stowes
that on the foredeck if not towing it, when it's still inflated.

Whatever I get, I would like it to be able to be stowed inside the R22 when
trailering.

Any advice from the group on what works well or what to avoid for a dinghy?
Thanks in advance for your input.