[Rhodes22-list] Laz Project Part Duex

Chris Geankoplis chrisgeankoplis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 19:23:31 EDT 2020

No, great observations.  I usually have 3 anchors on my Rhodes, as I cruise
them extensively.  The danforth is usually the 3rd anchor.  I also deploy a
stern anchor as I approach a beach to "beach the boat", again the laz is a
good place for that use.  I too carry one or two anchors up forward.  The
boat I currently have seems to be bow heavy, perhaps because of the
location of the 2nd battery under the flip up just aft of the focstle.  I
have some work still to do with this new Rhodes to get it balanced.  There
may be others out there who wish to have the option of a stern anchor and
the danforth is just right for that.  Peter is indeed a craftsman and we
can all learn so much from him too.  It boils down to having options that
fit a particular boat and owner at a particular time.  Always ask lots of
questions, its how we all learn, from others mistakes often enough, rather
than our own.  Of course we are impelled to share our mistakes too.  Behind
every good story is a bad decision.

Chris G
Enosis