[Rhodes22-list] Bedding Cabin Rails

Ric Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Thu Apr 20 14:13:32 EDT 2023

I was going to stay out of this one, but I have to weigh-in.
I have wood grab rails also and I have to say, I like them much better than the stainless ones.
Yes they require maintenance but the look is worth the price.
My dad left them natural and only teak oiled them once a year. I have varnished them.
This year I plan to make covers for them out of an old sail cover.
It will extend the life of my varnish job for years.
In fact, I bet that varnish and covers would take less time and energy than replacing them with SS rials and will always look better in my opinion.
That’ my 2¢
Ric
Dadventure
HBNY