[Rhodes22-list] Bedding Cabin Rails

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Thu Apr 20 21:36:21 EDT 2023

Stephen,

You seem to understand the concept of drill-fill-drill.  I will generally make the larger hole around 2.5 to 3 times the size of the final pilot hole.

Butyl is a sealant.  I know Defender has it, but it shouldn't be hard to find.  It is generally sold as a long strip or 'tape'.  You cut off a section and work it like 'Play-Doh'.  It seems to stay 'goopy' forever.  Whatever you don't use will keep for years, as opposed to most sealant that comes in a squeeze tube.

--Peter