[Rhodes22-list] in mast furler removing mainsail

jpd9668 at gmail.com jpd9668 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 14:27:48 EDT 2023

Hank,
I have had my main out if the IMF mast. The entire tube with the main furled around it pulls out of the bottom of the mast. Once out, remove the furling line (Note the direction of the wrap) you need to remove the bearings (donuts). It's pretty straight forward. Be sure to note proper positioning so you will reinstall it correctly. In my case, I had a clean flat lawn to unfurl the sail. Once unfurled (be sure to note the direction of the furling!) remove the sheet metal screws that secure the peak and clew of the sail. Slide sail out of groove in furling tube. Here some photos. I hope they help.

Joe Dempsey
M/V Voyager
Trojan 42
Former S/V Respite