[Rhodes22-list] in mast furler removing mainsail

hankstein at aol.com hankstein at aol.com
Fri Aug 4 12:09:18 EDT 2023

I would like to find someone who has removed the mainsail from their in mast furling system. I understand how you can slide the entire furling mechanism through the bottom of the mast to replace the furling line.   Does the entire furling "rod" slide out the bottom and then allows the mainsl to be removed from the furling rod ?   It would be nice to know what to expect and if there are any helpful hints.  I have a tear near the clew which I would like to repair but will need the sail off the boat to do this.
Any help is appreciated.

Hank Stein     ("Muireann"   1993  R-22)
Huron, Ohio
hankstein at aol.com7273248628