[Rhodes22-list] Question about mast orientation and pointing

Bob Garrant bgarrant at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 18:36:10 EDT 2023

My Rhodes 2000/2017 points higher on a port tack 35°-45°.
On a starboard tack 50°-60° is all I can usually get to. This started after
I replaced the aft lower shroud on the starboard side.

I’m suspect that that mast is not vertically plumb. So I’m assuming the I
need to lengthen the post shrouds and shorten the starboard ones.

Just figured I would ask before I go through the exercise since I taped up
the shrouds at the base to prevent the jib sheets from getting hung up
there. Which always seemed to happened while I was solo sailing.
Appreciate the wisdom of you that have ‘been there, done that’, got the
T-shirt.
Thanks,
Bob Garrant
Sail la Vie