[Rhodes22-list] Question about mast orientation and pointing

jpd9668 jpd9668 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 07:23:42 EDT 2023

Roger Pihlaja is the go to guy on this!Joe DempseyTrojan 42M/V VoyagerFormer Rhodes 22S/V RespiteSent via the Samsung Galaxy S22 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Bob Garrant <bgarrant at gmail.com> Date: 8/20/23  6:36 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Question about mast orientation and pointing My Rhodes 2000/2017 points higher on a port tack 35°-45°.On a starboard tack 50°-60° is all I can usually get to. This started afterI replaced the aft lower shroud on the starboard side.I’m suspect that that mast is not vertically plumb. So I’m assuming the Ineed to lengthen the post shrouds and shorten the starboard ones.Just figured I would ask before I go through the exercise since I taped upthe shrouds at the base to prevent the jib sheets from getting hung upthere. Which always seemed to happened while I was solo sailing.Appreciate the wisdom of you that have ‘been there, done that’, got theT-shirt.Thanks,Bob GarrantSail la VieKent Island,MD-- null