[Rhodes22-list] Sailpro 20 or 25" shaft?

Tom Hyatt thyatt at mica.edu
Wed Aug 30 21:27:47 EDT 2023

I have a chance to purchase a barely used Tohatsu Sailpro for a good price.
Only problem is, it has a 25" shaft. I'm asking those of you who have way
more experience with the Rhodes 22 than I do - will it be a mistake to
mount a motor with an extra long shaft on the Rhodes?

I am also in the market for a new motor bracket/mount so... could the
type of mount I buy allow me to accommodate the longer shaft?

I hate to pass up such a good deal but I absolutely don't want to buy a
motor that won't be suitable for the Rhodes I am rebuilding.

Thanks for your help.

Tom Hyatt
s/v Eliza Jane