[Rhodes22-list] Forward windows on R22

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sun Dec 3 12:03:26 EST 2023

Here are the port covers on Fretless, taken some years ago. They are in
their flat cover position. You can just see a fiberglass batten sticking
out from under the lower edge. What looks like a snap in the middle of
the lower edge is actually a rivet holding the batten to the cloth. What
you can't see is a second set of snap posts just inboard of the posts at
the lower corners of the cover. When the covers are in use as a
mini-scoop for air with the ports open, the fiberglass batten is arched
between these two posts and the cloth cover snapped down to these inner
posts to hold it in place. We always said they looked like arched
eyebrows but unfortunately, I couldn't find a picture. Hope this is helpful.

Mary Lou
ex Rhodes 22
now Rosborough RF-246 Tara