[Rhodes22-list] Fwd: Boat Pull - 1DEC23

Michael Corley michael.4591 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 15:53:21 EST 2023

The hull is the original blue paint from1999.  Bottom paint is from 2018.
I have small barnacles that look like little white volcanos about a quarter
inch in diameter.  They come off with a paint scraper, but leave residue
that needs to be sanded off.  This year, strangely, I had a 2 inch sea
shell attached mid way up the centerboard.  CB trunk is a prime area for
growth and tough to clean.  Also had a clump of shells port side bottom
about 2 ft from the stern.
One year, I spent 36 hours in the black water of the Dismal Swamp Canal and
that did a great job of cleaning the hull.

--Mike
s/v Ranger
99 Rhodes.
Hampton Roads, VA