[Rhodes22-list] Water in the Cabin

Graham Stewart gstewart.gm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 10:49:07 EST 2023

Given that you have ruled out everything else and the leak has stopped, I
don't think this is a crazy idea either.
At the same time, if this was the problem, then it might be a good idea to
remove the cap to check on its condition and the integrity of the gasket
and fasteners. If your boat is using screws to hold the cap down, you might
be wise to replace them with bolts and fender washers. If the cap seems
solid with no cracks or damage you might get away with replacing the
fasteners without removing the cap but, in my view, if you go so far as to
remove the fasteners, checking out the cap and gasket as well as the
hardware and tether would seem prudent.
There have been cases reported where the centerboard has actually cracked
the cap when the boat was launched with the tether slack.

Graham Stewart
Agile 76