[Rhodes22-list] What is wrong with my mainsail?

Graham Stewart gstewart.gm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 21:58:21 EDT 2023

My mainsail hangs with a diagonal crease that I can't seem to get rid of.
The sail was new a few years ago and was purchased while I was restoring
the boat - which included replacing the inner stay chainplates. I also
changed the furling gear and afterwards it seemed that the inner aft stays
and the aft stays were shorter than before.
Might the rake of the mast create this problem or might it be a
poorly constructed sail? I have attached a picture in case one of the
expert sailors on the list can make a suggestion.
Thanks,

Graham Stewart
Agile 76